Saturday, October 23, 2010

What my dad said at my mom's funeral.

I was so emotional yesterday that I forgot to mention what my dad said in my last blog post :( I'm sorry daddy!

This was while we were at the cemetery. I don't remember exactly what he said, but I remember most of it. "She was my precious baby. She still is. I was thinking about what to put on her tombstone, and I couldn't think of anything that would honor her." Then he got teary-eyed and said something like "Sleep well, my precious baby." while looking at her casket.

I've been thinking of how hard this week has been on him. He's completely changed. He has mood swings, he's lost and confused, and completely depressed. They met when my mom was 16, he was 18, and they were married for over 40 years. His plot is going to be next to my mom's when he passes away. I really, really hope it's not anytime soon, because even as much as he yells at me, I need my daddy and I love him very much.

Now I have to stop writing before I start crying too hard to see the keyboard. I love you guys.

1 comment:

  1. Aww Boo Boo that's so sweet! I'm sure your Dad will be around for quite some time!

    ReplyDelete