Saturday, October 23, 2010

So overwhelmed...

I felt like I had to write this down...

My older sisters, Jenny and Julie, have been sorting through my mom's belongings today, and they found something really interesting, and very special.

For awhile when I was growing up, I loved American Girl dolls, and I had one (I had Samantha) and was really excited when the company came out with a different collection, called Girls of Many Lands, I loved how pretty they were. For my thirteenth birthday, I got the one from England:

I was very pleased with it; always making sure I took excellent care of it, and reading the book that came with her over and over, loving her story, looking at the doll and loving the dress she came in.

Well, today, like I said my sisters were going through my mom's belongings... and they found four of the other dolls; from India, China, Ireland, and France.

France


Ireland


India

China

After seeing these, my dad told me that my mom had been planning to give them to me one at a time for each of my birthdays until I turned eighteen. Even though she's gone, she still wanted me to have them. I feel like she gave them to me from Heaven, since I finally got them today. I hope she knows that I will always, ALWAYS take care of them, because I feel like with these dolls, a part of her is still here with me.

1 comment:

  1. Awww how sweet of her! *wipes a tear from her eye*

    Yours, Perse :)

    ReplyDelete