Friday, April 29, 2011

A little positivity!

I noticed most of my posts on this blog have been sad ones. Poems about suicide, rants, or just being generally angry and sad. So, I thought I would make this post happy and positive. Good things have been happening in my life, and I forget about them because I choose to let the bad stuff overpower those good things, which I shouldn't do.

Anyway, one good thing that's happened in my life was meeting my friend Snow (using her Second Life name for various reasons!). We met after my online boyfriend at the time dumped me and got together with one of Snow's best friends. I told her what he'd done, and she started disliking him as much as I did. We bonded over it, and over other things, and long story short we're now pretty much inseparable. We talk all the time, I tell her everything and she does the same for me. I love her to death, she's so awesome and I don't know what I'd do without her! I love, respect, and admire her so much. She's one of the strongest women I know.

Another good thing that just happened recently was I broke up with my boyfriend that I'd been dating online for a little over 2 months. For the last month however, he had been having financial issues so he had to move back in with his mom. He also had to build a room in his mom's basement for him to live in. He kept making excuses as to why he wouldn't come online... "My computer is packed away until I get settled", "This is turning out to be a bigger project than I thought it would be", etc. I got tired of his excuses. I got tired of waiting for him. I deserve better than having to wait around for him to maybe text me or maybe come online. I didn't need that pressure in my life, and ending things with him was one of the better decisions I've made.

Also, I just generally love my friends. The ones in my real life and the ones in my Second Life. They're all amazing in their own ways, and there are too many to name! I so appreciate how everyone has been there for me through what I've been through. It means so much to me. Held me when I cried, talked me out of a bad mood, and countless other things. I'm grateful for every second and thankful beyond words to everyone I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment